William Shakespeare was born in 1564 in the Tudor England at the time of Queen Elisabeth I. He is one of the world's greatest writers. He wrote plays for the theatre but he composed sonnets, too.
At the beginning of his career he went to London to be an actor, but he suddenly became famous for writing plays.
Nowadays Shakespeare plays are performed all over the world.Shakespeare died 400 years ago, on April 23rd 1616.
Surf the following mindmap I made with Cacoo and Thinglink. Then answer the questions.
Click here to open and enlarge.
- In 2016 England, and all the world, will commemorate 400 years since the death of the Bard. Can you list any of the events and activities planned on this occasion?
- What is the "Complete Walk"?
- Where and when was Shakespeare born?
- Who were Shakespeare' s parents?
- When did he get married?
- When did he move to London to begin his theatrical career?
- Where did he die and where was he buried?
- Where does the name "Globe" come from?
- Was the Church happy with theatre performances? What did the Church call the theatre?
- What was the name of Shakespeare' s acting company?
- Describe briefly the structure of the Globe.
- Where there any actresses in the Elisabethan theatre?
Shakespeare invented a lot of words and expressions that are still used today all around the world! Here you can find some of the most famous Shakespeare' s quotes:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/william_shakespeare.html http://absoluteshakespeare.com/trivia/quotes/quotes.htm http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/shakespeare